Monday, May 19, 2008

Crystal Sands (05.19.08)

Another Monday, another Crystal Sands show. I was happy to see as I arrived that Elvis Duffy has seemed to have secured the slot directly before me (4:00) on a weekly basis, so no longer do I have to arrive at Crystal Sands and be the one to draw the first crowd at the start of the show. Sweet!

I had a fun time at this show, my most fun one in awhile, despite the fact that I got a little phlegmmy during my set and did my best frog imitation from time to time. But it was a blast, with a great crowd and a set list of tunes that I hadn't played much in awhile, interspersed with my own songs.

Song Sample: "Falling Down" (Zak Claxton)

The set list:

The Man Who Sold the World (David Bowie/Nirvana)
Wonderwall (Oasis)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
The Weight (The Band)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Summer Breeze (Seals & Crofts)
Harvest Moon (Neil Young)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Sex and Candy (Marcy Playground)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Rikki Don't Lose that Number (Steely Dan)
Soul Kitchen (The Doors)

Thanks to the following people who helped support my show tonight!
Ictus Belford, kat Vargas, Elvis Duffy, Vadan Ziskey, Damaris Whitfield, Kat Claxton, Elle Metty, Gretchen Capalini, and of course Crystal Sands owner Sandi Benelli.

No comments: