Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Relay for Life (05.14.08)

My good pal Haroldthe Burrel hit me up a couple of weeks ago to perform at one of his Relay for Life events in SL. For those of you who don't know, Relay for Life is a fundraising event for the American Cancer Society, and I'm happy to support them in any way I can. I mean, what could be a better cause than helping to fight cancer, fer gawd's sake, I ask you?

I think the show was really fun, though I did spend a wee bit too much time complaining about a) my sore back and b) being hot in my little oven of a studio. But besides that, everyone seemed to have a great time. And, of course, the tips I made were instead funneled into the donations kiosks for RfL.

Song Sample: "What I Got" (Sublime)

The set list:

Accidents Will Happen (Elvis Costello)
Heart of Gold (Neil Young)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Ashes to Ashes (David Bowie)
Any Major Dude (Steely Dan)
California (Joni Mitchell)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Bell Boy (The Who)
Comes a Time (Neil Young)
*What I Got (Sublime)
Mother (Pink Floyd)
Behind Blue Eyes (The Who)

*Indicates first time I've performed this song in SL

Thanks to the following people who were great audience members!
Lulu Berkmans, Nell Newman, Mash Rhode, Katja Runo, Madame Maracas, Dianna Voight, Peltzer Hirano, Wouldja Singh, and others who helped support RfL during my show... and especially Haroldthe Burrel and Elizabeth Antonelli.

No comments: