Friday, May 16, 2008

Sunshine Daydream (05.15.08)

Sandi Benelli is the owner of two venues: Crystal Sands and Sunshine Daydream, and I have to give her credit for being one of the people who "discovered" me in SL when I was really just getting started playing live in-world. She's also been a great friend, and is one of the most staunch supporters of live music in Second Life I know.

So, when I heard it was her RL birthday yesterday and that her pals wanted me to perform for it, I didn't hesitate to sign up to rock! I only did a short half-hour set, since there were a lot of people who wanted to show appreciation for Sandi, but that was plenty to have some fun. I didn't collect tips, opting instead on asking my crowd to give anything they would have given me to the venue instead. The only minor misfortune was that my streaming computer (old Bessie the G4) took a crap at the start of my final song, but I didn't realize it and stood there strumming silently for the last three minutes of my show, like an idiot. Ha! You gotta laugh about things like that, or you cry. But I had a great time regardless, and I think everyone else did too, most importantly the birthday girl herself.

The set list:

Happy Birthday to Sandi (Traditional)
*Cinammon Girl (Neil Young)
Terrapin Station (Grateful Dead)
Thank You (Led Zeppelin)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)

*Indicates first time I've performed this song in SL

Thanks to the following people who were great audience members!
Cellandra Zon, Chris Ohl, Jeannie Jannings, Tommy Cult, PukaD Dingo, BaHaCa Hennah, Mandi Blumenfeld, and the people who helped organize this event, Grateful Stryker and SherieAnn Thirty, and of course Sandi Benelli!

No comments: