Monday, June 30, 2008

Another Monday at Crystal Sands (06.30.08)

You ever have one of those "good news, bad news" days, where nothing is steady but full of highs and lows? That was me tonight at Crystal Sands. The bad news: I seem to be developing a cold, and had enough of a sore throat to cut all the challenging vocal songs out of my set. The good news: when I started my set, I found that while my throat was still sore, my voice was seemingly fine. The bad news: for two full songs, I was silent (GAHHHHHH!) because my streaming computer seems to be developing some... issues, let's say. That sucked. But for the remainder of the show, I felt really good and at ease, and felt my performance was strong. So that was cool.

You get the idea. Anyway, I'm going to be doing some immediate maintenance on the streaming Mac; it seems to be screwing up in other audio-related areas now, so I may be re-installing some software, and possibly doing some disk optimization as well.

But enough boring crap. Here's the set list:

You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Fire & Rain (James Taylor)
A Case of You (Joni Mitchell)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Redemption Song (Bob Marley)
The Weight (The Band)
The Sands of Redondo (Zak Claxton)


Thanks to the following folks who supported my show:
Harlequin Randt, Elvis Duffy, Shaylin Morane, Doubledown Tandino, melzi Amat, Carrie Laysan, Ellie Chaplin, Emme Slade, Norge Oh, Bibi Ballinger, Triana Caldera, Grateful Stryker, and my great friend Sandi Benelli!

No comments: