Monday, June 16, 2008

Crystal Sands (06.16.08) & SL5B

First, some exciting news: I've been selected to perform at an event commemorating Second Life's 5th birthday (known as SL5B). I'll have more info soon enough, but I do know that my time slot is Friday, June 27 at 8:00PM SLT (same as Pacific Daylight Time). So that's cool. I'll post updates as I receive them. :)

Second, I had a stupendously fun show at Crystal Sands tonight. I was sad to see my pal Elvis Duffy didn't make his usual 4:00pm opening slot due to a work conflict, but I was actually very happy with our good-sized, enthusiastic and super-appreciative crowd! My voice and guitar were both working with me tonight, and I like it when it comes out good and you don't feel like you have to put a ton of effort in... it just happens.

Song Sample: "For the Turnstiles" (Neil Young)

The set list:

Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere (Neil Young)
Court & Spark (Joni MItchell)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Summer Breeze (Seals & Crofts)
Lola (The Kinks)
Old Man (Neil Young)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Free Man in Paris (Joni Mitchell)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Like a Rolling Stone (Bob Dylan)
For the Turnstiles (Neil Young)
Ohio (CSNY)

Thanks to the following folks who supported my show:
kat Vargas, Ictus Belford, Triana Caldera, Aurelie Chenaux, Swina Allen, Koffeekid Smalls, Fleure Homewood, Harrie Skjellerup, Elsbeth Writer, Jib Gregan, Shayla Juran, Meeko Glazner, Kat Claxton, Robert69 Little, and especially my favorite benefactor of the arts Sandi Benelli!

No comments: