Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Crystal Sands (06.23.08)

Well, it was a wacky day in SL. Yeah, I know; most of them are, but this one in particular, I think, may have been due to some system resources being diverted to the SL5B celebration. I'm (selfishly) happy to say that despite that, my gig at Crystal Sands went very smoothly -- unlike my poor friends Elvis Duffy and Ictus Belford, who were consumed by crashes and stream interruptions. Gah! Elvis even had the dreaded "crash at end of set" thing happen... always a bummer! the last time it happened to me at Crystal Sands, I was so distraught, I committed virtual suicide, leaving my coprse in plain view during the next act. Thankfully, Elvis isn't nearly as dramatic as I.

But as I said, my show was smooth as silk. Lucky, I guess.

Song Sample: "You're Like a Cloud" (Zak Claxton)

The set list:

Mother (Pink Floyd)
Accidents Will Happen (Elvis Costello)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Heart of Gold (Neil Young)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Tea in the Sahara (The Police)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Our House (CSNY)
Help Me (Joni Mitchell)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
I Am a Child (Neil Young)

Thanks to the following folks who supported my show:
Triana Caldera, Robert69 Little, Elvis Duffy, Ictus Belford, minymaku Morrisey, rosa Munro, Carrie Laysan, Kat Claxton, Basil Brooks, Elle Metty, and the awesome Crystal Sands owner Sandi Benelli!

No comments: