Monday, July 14, 2008

Last show for ten days: Crystal Sands (07.14.08)

Well, I have a short forced hiatus from performing in SL. Due to some RL obligations, combined with my show scheduling, I have a ten-day break from playing in SL at all. I know I'll miss it after a few days, but part of this vacation from playing is spending some quality time with my darling Kat, which I am VERY much looking forward to. So all is well.

To mark the occasion, I decided to have a special show at Crystal Sands where I only did the work of two artists: myself and good old Neil Young. I know how much Sandi Benelli enjoys Neil's music, and I'd been neglecting him a bit lately, relegating him to one or two songs per set at most. So, it was all Neil/Zak night, and I think it was fun.


I really love Crystal Sands. I usually do my best shows there since it's where I'm the most relaxed, like being in a room full of appreciative freinds. Thanks to Triana Caldera for the photo!

Song Sample: "Always Tomorrow" (Zak Claxton)

Set list!

Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere (Neil Young)
I Am A Child (Neil Young)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
My My Hey Hey (Neil Young)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Alabama (Neil Young)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
A Man Needs a Maid (Neil Young)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
*Rockin' in the Free World (Neil Young)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Ohio (CSNY)
Old Man (Neil Young)

*Indicates first time I've played this song in SL

Thanks to the following folks who supported my show:
Kinder Torok, Tinder Torok, lofthesedazimgonnacutuin2ltlpc Rust, Kat Claxton, Elvis Duffy, Triana Caldera, CuteMandy Hesse, Fable Sinatra, Pmann Sands, and the always terrific Sandi Benelli!

No comments: