Tuesday, August 5, 2008

More new ZakTunes™ at Crystal Sands (08.04.08)

Okay, that subject is a slight lie. I played a couple of tunes I hadn't played before in SL, but they weren't mine. However, it's almost always fun doing new covers... keeps me fresh, and my audience gets to hear some stuff they haven't heard me do before. Good times.

When I arrived at this Crystal Sands show, I was dismayed to find my buddy Elvis Duffy wasn't there. Something must have happened, because he's great at sticking to his show schedule. I'm guessing an ISP outage. In any case, we didn't have much of a crowd present when I got on the mic. I started my show early (for some inexplicable reason... I don't claim to understand myself) by telling a story of sneaking into a Grateful Dead show in 1985. Of course, I was mostly killing time so that we'd get a little more of a substantial audience arriving. Once we did, it was time to turn Monday into a Funday! Oh man, I kill myself.


I want people to look up to me, but this is just silly! Photo courtesy of Triana Caldera.

Song Sample: "Day After Day" (Badfinger)

Set List!
*Day After Day (Badfinger)
Summer Breeze (Seals & Crofts)
Fire and Rain (James Taylor)
*Nobody Home (Pink Floyd)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Powerfinger (Neil Young)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
What I Got (Sublime)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
The Right Thing To Do (Carly Simon)
Tribute (Tenacious D)
California (Joni MItchell)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)

*Indicates first time I've performed this song in SL

Thanks to the lovely people who helped support my show!
Triana Caldera, Elphie Broome, Signey Gustafson, jsmn Yao, Zenia Underwood, hexx Triskaidekaphobia, and of course, Crystal Sands owner Sandi Benelli!

No comments: