Sunday, September 7, 2008

Rocking the Falls (08.28.08)

Most of you know by now that I'm a supporter of musicians' rights to be paid for their efforts, but that doesn't mean I won't perform for "tips only" at a new or cool venue. After all, my real goal in playing gigs in SL, other than just having fun, is exposing my music to a bunch of different people. That's why it turned out to be a cool thing to play on a Thursday evening at The Falls.

Some of you may be thinking that in the middle of a move and a busy workweek, doing an SL show isn't high on the list of good ideas. Normally you might be right. But in this case, a) I'd made the commitment to play there before I even knew I'd be moving (same as my next couple of shows, as you'll see), and b) I really needed to de-stress myself, and playing live music is really good for that.

So, the Falls turned out to be a great show, and I was really glad I did it before getting back to moving 13 years of crap from my old place to my new place. Thanks to Gretchen Capalini for inviting me to play, thanks to my SL musician brothers and sisters who stopped by for the show, and special shout-out to my old RL friend Mick Malinow for getting back in SL after like a year of absence to hear me play!

And here's what I played:

California (Joni Mitchell)
What I Got (Sublime)
Heart of Gold (Neil Young)
Sex & Candy (Marcy Playground)
Fire & Rain (James Taylor)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Wonderwall (Oasis)
Suite: Judy Blue Eyes (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
All-Star (Smash Mouth)
Old Man (Neil Young)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Tribute (Tenacious D)

Thanks to the following folks who helped support my show!
PeachRipe Georgia, Paisley Dawes, MeanNess Destiny, Gregory Siamendes, Gretchen Capalini, Blues Heron, Kim Seifert, Grayce McDunnough, and Mick Malinow.

No comments: