Monday, December 22, 2008

Good times, good friends at San Diego in SL (12.21.08)


Dancing and having fun at the Zak Show.


My crowd was small but happy, like a dwarf on weed.

I think that this weekend was so packed with shows, celebrations, and various benefits that it was amazing I got anyone to come out to San Diego in SL at all. But we slowly pulled together a nice little group of folks who really seemed to enjoy the show. After all, I'd just played at the "Christmas All Year Through" celebration earlier in the day, so a number of people who might have come out to see me probably had already done so that day. In any case, we did manage to scare up some folks and had a great time, as I always tend to do at SD in SL.

By the way: once again, other than my main five original tunes, I created a list of covers that I hadn't performed in the last several weeks. It's really one of the nice things about having a big repertoire... it keeps me fresh, not performing the same covers over and over again, and I think my audience enjoys the aspect of not knowing what to expect at each show. It had been more than a year since I performed a couple of the tunes I played at SD this day. Good times.

Here was my set list...

This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
You've Got To Hide Your Love Away (Beatles)
Fire & Rain (James Taylor)
You’re Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Heart of Gold (Neil Young)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Accidents Will Happen (Elvis Costello)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Wild Horses (Rolling Stones)
Under Pressure (Queen/David Bowie)
I Am The Walrus (Beatles)

Big thanks to the folks who helped support my show!
Triana Caldera, dakota7z7 Pluto, Nate Easterwood, Quinton Diavolo, Fraccy Rebus, Padula Bing, Kat Claxton, and my terrific hostess, Cher Harrington!

No comments: