Sunday, December 28, 2008

My debut at Molaskey's Pub (12.28.08)




Well, the year is winding down, and I'm happy to have just played my last show of 2008, making this one of the last blog posts of the year as well. What a terrific year it's been, by the way, in my musical life. I've spent more time playing and recording this year than perhaps every before in my life, and I managed to do almost exactly 100 shows in SL over the course of the year. In my opinion, that's a Goldilocks number of gigs in SL (not too much, not too little, just right), meaning I averaged right around two per week all year.

In addition to being an ending of 2008, today was also a nice beginning to playing at Molaskey's Pub. I did my first show there today, performing at their cute ice skating rink. We didn't get a giant crowd going -- I don't like to make excuses, but there were a ton of shows happening simultaneously -- but we did have fun, and I can see pulling larger crowds if I was to play there more often. Speaking of which, if I'm able to work it out with vene owner Katydid Something, I do hope to be playing at Molaskey's again in the near future.

But I digress. It was a fun show, and like I usually try and do, I pulled out a new song to commemorate playing at a new place.

Here's my set list...
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
*Starman (David Bowie)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Tempted (Squeeze)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Queen)
Alabama (Neil Young)
Sour Girl (Stone Temple Pilots)
Help Me (Joni Mitchell)
Little Wing (Jimi Hendrix)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
You’re Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Tribute (Tenacious D)

Many thanks to the people who helped support my show!
Wildstar Beaumont, Spence Wilder, Horizon Darkstone, Rey Tardis, Triana Caldera, Kat Claxton, Leyah Renegade, Mia Kitchensink, Sona Destiny, and especially Katydid Something!

No comments: