Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm baaaack! Zak at NYA Stage (01.24.09)


Well, it sure felt great to start playing in SL again. As you loyal blog readers know, I had my annual forced hiatus from performing in SL (or anywhere else for that matter) while I took care of a large business event. So that took me out of commission for almost three whole weeks.

So, Saturday, I made a relatively quick decision to do an informal show at one of my own venues, the Neil Young Archive stage in SL. It's basically a small stage and dance floor attached to the entrance of my Neil Young Archives, and I wasn't expecting a huge crowd. We announced the event and at the last minute sent out some invites, and I was happy to get a small but cool crowd there on Saturday.

I kept the set list pretty simple, and since we were at the NYA Stage, I threw in more Neil tunes than I normally would have (and did a few tunes I haven't done in ages). But all in all, it was a good time, and now I feel more warmed up to get back to my shows at other venues.

The set list...
Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere (Neil Young)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
My Heart (Neil Young)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Nothing Left to Dream (What The...?)
Comes a Time (Neil Young)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
I Am A Child (Neil Young)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
The Needle and the Damage Done (Neil Young)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
A Man Needs A Maid (Neil Young)
Carey (Joni Mitchell)
The Sands of Redondo (Zak Claxton)

Thanks to the folks who came by and supported my show!
Triana Caldera, Morticia Kagu, Leyah Renegade, Blindboy Gumbo, Keokipele Ansar, and my darling Kat Claxton!

No comments: