Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year Rock in San Diego (01.04.08)





There's something about playing at San Diego in SL. Maybe it's the fact that in the open-air courtyard, I feel like I'm busking in the city on a busy day, free as a bird. Maybe it's my RL connection with San Diego, having partied- er, gone to school at SDSU back in the '80s. Whatever it is, I feel I've I've been doing some of my best performances there. Today, despite the absence of main San Diego music queen Cher Harrington, was a terrific show and we had a fun and lively crowd that was really cool.

We had a pretty fun mix of original Zak songs and covers today (see set list below). Also, I got to once again break out the brand new tune "Lines On Your Eyes" for the second day in a row. That went so well that I'm using the recording of it (also below) as my official demo for the tune, which has yet to be recorded in the studio. I also did the extremely-rarely-performed "She's Leaving Home" by the Beatles. That was a fun one too.

Song Sample: "Lines On Your Eyes" (Zak Claxton)

Here's the set list...
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
She's Leaving Home (Beatles)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Starman (David Bowie)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
The Needle and the Damage Done (Neil Young)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Suite: Jusy Blue Eyes (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Here Comes The Sun (Beatles)
Sister Golden Hair (America)
Lines On Your Eyes (Zak Claxton)

Thanks to all who helped support my show!
Valan Weston, Kat Claxton, Emmie Fairymeadow, Triana Caldera, Jordan Hazlitt, Chuckie Breda, Cliona Colclough, and Cher Harrington!

No comments: