Friday, March 20, 2009

My debut at the Vibe HQ (03.20.09)


Photos courtesy of Triana Caldera.

I've had a strange phenomenon happen to me. It seems that each of the soon-to-be four times I've gone into the studio to work on the Zak Claxton album, I've ended up being booked for a show in SL the day before. Keep in mind, I haven't tried in any way to arrange this specifically; it has, with complete randomness, happened three consecutive times, and as of today's show at the new Vibe HQ, it's happened again.

So yes, I am going into the studio tomorrow (Saturday 3/21/09), and I will have all kinds of stuff to fill you in after that. But for now, let's talk about my show today. It was one of the smallest crowds I'd played to in awhile... there were around 12 people there. But I will also say that they were terrific fans, each of them, and the show ended up being incredibly fun. As a huge confidence builder going into tomorrow's session, my voice has felt really good for my past few shows. I thought today was one of my better vocal performances of the year so far.

That's about it. Small but very fun crowd, good show, and a great way to get warmed up for tomorrow. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

The Set List...
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Any Major Dude (Steely Dan)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)
Jane (Barenaked Ladies)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Time Never Waits for You (Zak Claxton)
California (Joni Mitchell)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Behind Blue Eyes (The Who)
Lines On Your Eyes (Zak Claxton)

Big thanks to the people who helped support my show!
Paula001 Goldschein, Triana Caldera, Fifi DeCuir, Cher Harrington, Alex Barth, Gretchen Capalini, and today's happy host, Bratt Lunasea!

No comments: