Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ambrosia Dance Club (09.18.09)



Let's make an analogy that everyone can understand here. Have you ever been to a party where the food was good, the drinks were plentiful, the location was nice, but regardless of all that, you just never really felt at ease with the surroundings?

Sigh. That's been me twice now at Ambrosia Dance Club, which is actually a really cool place, and an attractive build, with nice people who work there and run the place. That having been said, as I told my core group of fans after the show yesterday, "That was fun. Let's not do it again."

As a singer/songwriter, I'm much more comfortable in a setting where people are really getting into the music, as opposed to being the background noise for people to dance, or to cyber-sex with other audience members. Again, this isn't about Ambrosia specifically. I had a good show there with a pretty big crowd, and we (the Zaksters and I) had a good time. But given the choice, I don't think I'll be going out of my way to perform there again. It's just not a songwriter showcase type of place. No offense intended, and hopefully none taken. If I was looking for a cool spot to dance in SL, I'd hit it in a second.

Set List:
Ziggy Stardust (David Bowie)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
Sex and Candy (Marcy Playground)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Wonderwall (Oasis)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Fire & Rain (James Taylor)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Heart of Gold (Neil Young)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)
Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Queen)
Who Do You Love (Bo Diddly)

Thanks to the nice folks who helped support my show!
Jordan Hazlitt, Triana Caldera, Layla Beningborough, Purdy Forcella, Jukebox Diesel, Yasmin Cao, Diana Renoir, Parser Lane, Khaiko Nyoki, Aurelie Chenaux, hexx Triskaidekaphobia, ivoni Miles, and Ambrosia's host Phil Kearny!

No comments: