Friday, September 4, 2009

Galerie d'Art du Chardon (09.04.09)


For my first show in September, I debuted at Galerie d'Art du Chardon, which is a well-designed outdoor garden and art gallery. I had the interesting experience of performing at this venue that's oriented toward the French audience of Second Life, as you can probably tell by the name. That's why I was playing at 12:30PM... in Paris, that's 9:30 at night. Bon soir, everyone.

By the way: I really tried to reach into the depths of my brain and recall any of my French from my high school classes oh so long ago. I think my French-speaking audience appreciated my effort, if not the results of it. And, speaking of the audience, that was one area where I'd have liked to have a little... more. The crowd seemed to enjoy themselves, but it was a pretty small group of about 15 people max. I don't mind playing for small crowds, but add in the language barrier, and it was a small and mostly quiet crowd.

Fortunately, my voice and guitar were both feeling great, and I was very happy with my performance. That's good, because I realized later that I'd had a decent number of people listening in to the show via my stream, without being in SL. I'd listed the stream info as a Facebook update, and had a few folks contact me after the show to tell me they'd enjoyed it from wherever they were. So that was cool. Gotta keep in mind that the audience is more than just the folks in front of my face.

Song Sample: "Tea in the Sahara" (The Police)

The Set List:
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Any Major Dude (Steely Dan)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Redemption Song (Bob Marley)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Free Man in Paris (Joni Mitchell)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
Tea in the Sahara (The Police)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Nobody Home (Pink Floyd)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Lines On Your Eyes (Zak Claxton)

Thanks to the visitors of the Galerie who supported my show!
Jeorge Carver, laurine Jewell, Twstd Ruggles, Aurelie Chenaux, and today's hostess, sweetpea Shilova.

No comments: