Sunday, October 18, 2009

Crystal Gardens (10.18.09)



Sometime last week, my IM box popped up, and it was Ictus Belford. Back when I was first starting out playing in SL, I had a weekly Monday night show at a venue then known as Crystal Sands, and for well over a year, Ictus and I had adjoining time slots there. I'd play at 5:00PM, and Ictus would follow me at 6:00 back then.

Anyway, Ictus rang me up and let me know that for his third rezday, he was having a party at the place now called Crystal Gardens, still run by our pal Sandi Benelli. I told him I'd love to come by. A couple of days later, he told me he needed someone to fill a time slot at the all-day show, and I let him know that I'd be happy to take the space.

That's how I ended up playing at Crystal Gardens today, for a short half-hour show. It was really fun; my spot was toward the end of the show, but everyone there still seemed to be enthusiastic and fun. That is, except the Rezday Boy himself, who may or may not have been passed out on the couch during my set. No matter; the crowd was fun and I had a good time.

Set list...
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Heart of Gold (Neil Young)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)

Thanks to Ictus and everyone at Crystal Gardens today!
Shannyn Fall, Kim Seifert, Mikal Beaumont, Haroldthe Burrel, Rebel Verrazzano, Amanda Steadham, Gavin MacKay, Gretchen Capalini, Triana Caldera, BuffaloMike Hammerer, Diana Renoir, Aurelie Chenaux, Zed Essex, Gracie Serendipity, Tommy Dannitza, bobby1 Tremor, Leabros Memel, Ashara Arabello, and Sandi Benelli!

No comments: