Friday, October 16, 2009

Rastafairy Beach (10.16.09)


I have to say, it's been a sweet series of good shows lately. Perhaps having the album in the can is allowing me to focus more on the music at hand, or maybe it's just been luck of the draw with some great crowds. Today at Rastafairy Beach was most definitely a fun, fun show, so the streak continues.

It had been far too long, since January 3rd of this year, since I last did a show at hexx and jsmn's home venue. Pity, because I've invariably had fun performing at their place. Today, we managed to summon up a good sized, very enthusiastic audience, and one thing stood out for me: they seemed hungry for the originals. I threw in a couple of covers, both for time filler and to keep myself on my toes, but I also did a couple of originals that I don't play very often... "Waiting for This" and "Lines on your Eyes". Why don't I play these songs much? I certainly like both of them a lot, but they involve detuning my guitar, and I only feel comfortable doing that at certain places. The mellow vibe of Rastafairy Beach gave me the motivation to try the quick retune and jump into these songs.

Today's set list...
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Alabama (Neil Young)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Waiting for This (Zak Claxton)
Lines on your Eyes (Zak Claxton)
Time Never Waits for You (Zak Claxton)
Peace Song (This Guitar is my Weapon) (Zak Claxton)
Ziggy Stardust (Zak Claxton)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)

Big thanks to all the folks who came, especially those who supported the show!
Sid Slade, Diana Renoir, Alazarin Mondrian, Dewran Wopat, Persia Bravin, Life Charron, RastaMan Sorbet, and today's terrific hosts, jsmn Yao and hexx Triskaidekaphobia!

No comments: