Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Notes Shack (11.22.09)



As I told my crowd at the Notes Shack today, it's always a better gig when you're in a place where you feel comfortable. The Notes Shack has become the place in SL where I can really just enjoy myself and focus on the music, which is mostly what I did today.

Not much to tell you, except it was a usually totally fun time today. One note: after years of being a fan of the late singer-songwriter Nick Drake, I had still never covered one of his tunes until today. He was an amazing guitarist and singer in addition to his incredible songwriting skills, and playing his stuff is no walk in the park. But after a few practices, I felt like the Notes Shack would be a place where an artist like that would be appreciated, so I pulled out one of his songs today. Check it out, if you'd like...

SONG SAMPLE: "Things Behind the Sun" (Nick Drake)

And here's the whole set list from today's show...
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Nobody Home (Pink Floyd)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
*Things Behind the Sun (Nick Drake)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)
Is It In My Head (The Who)
Waiting for This (Zak Claxton)

*Indicates first time I've performed this song in SL.

Big thanks to all who helped support today's show!
Triana Caldera, Horizon Darkstone, Diana Renoir, Lolly Gladstone, Jeremy Barracuda, Sunrise Starsider, Rey Tardis, Kat Claxton, Aurelie Chenaux, and the mighty Krakov Letov!

No comments: