Wednesday, December 9, 2009

FIbber Magees (12.09.09)




Yeah, it's my third blog post of the day. What, there are limits or something? Am I going to break the Internet?

In any case, I had a fun show today (as usual) at Fibber Magees. Phooka was hosting, and she did her usual terrific job. The crowd, while on the light side, was cool and enjoying themselves. Not much more to add except that it's taking some getting used to referring to my album in the present tense (as opposed to the future); I've been saying "my upcoming album" for so long now, it's more difficult than I'd have imagined to call it "my new album which is now available".

A few notes of interest (haw) about the music: I did a couple of tunes today that I'd put away for at least two years, and threw in more covers than I have been lately. Perhaps it was the peripheral awareness that my own album release party is just two days away, making me ease up before the onslaught.

The Set List...
The Waiting (Tom Petty)
Triana (Zak Claxton)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Do They Know It's Christmastime? (Band Aid)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Jane (Barenaked Ladies)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Queen)
Tribute (Tenacious D)

Thanks to everyone who supported my show at Fibber Magees!
Triana Caldera, Krakov Letov, Phooka Heron, Melody Deimatov, Isobela Capalini, Diana Renoir, Aurelie Chenaux, and Kat Claxton!

No comments: