Sunday, January 24, 2010

Notes Shack (01.24.10)



Kat and I were talking after I finished my show today at the Notes Shack, and I told her I thought it went pretty well for my not having played for two weeks.

"Three weeks," she corrected me. I started to deny this, but then had to acknowledge that it had indeed been exactly 21 days since my last virtual rock session. My pause each January to handle real-life affairs is at least that long so I can take care of business in the time leading up to the event, and then take a week to actually recover from it. In any case, by the time I got to the show today, I was definitely ready to play.

Winston Ackland had the slot before me, and it's always a pleasure to hear him play and hang out with his fun crowd. As far as my set went, I think it went really well, although I was certainly a little rusty from not having rocked the metaverse in so long. But still, it was a fun show, as shows at the Notes Shack usually are, and I'm glad to be rocking once again.

Today's set list...
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
California (Joni Mitchell)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Things Behind the Sun (Nick Drake)
Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
†The Needle and the Damage Done (Neil Young)
Behind Blue Eyes (The Who)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
Tea in the Sahara (The Police)

Thanks to all who supported my show at the Notes Shack!
Triana Caldera, Tyl3r Ravinelli, Suteruni Susanto, Aurelie Chenaux, Jordan Morgenrote, Horizon Darkstone, Kat Claxton, Blindboy Gumbo, Styxl Gurbux, GM Nikolaidis, and the host with the most, Krakov Letov!

1 comment:

GM Nikolaidis said...

Hey Zak, this was the first time I got to hear you jam, and it won't be the last. I'm sorry I couldn't stay longer. I'll be watching for more shows at the Notes. Great to meet you!