Monday, January 4, 2010

Triana's Music Trivia (01.03.10)




Ah, the first show of a new year! And what better place to do it than at Triana's Music Trivia, I ask you? I've probably mentioned this before, but the folks at Triana's really represent the first group of good friends that Kat and I made in SL when we joined in 2006. Since then, we've spent damn near every Sunday night playing at her music trivia game... and (more importantly) having loads of fun with Triana and the other regular attendees. During that time frame, I've performed live at Triana's request on maybe 4-5 occasions, and it's always fun.

Last night, in celebration of the new year, Tri had a formal trivia event and had me play live once again. Feeling festive, I even bought a new tux for the occasion. Much like real life, I'll probably only wear it a couple of times a year, but every guy should have some nice clothes in his closet- er, inventory, right?

The show itself was fine, and I pulled out a couple of rarities for the occasion.

Set list for Triana's 2010 new year trivia night...

Pigs on the Wing Part 1 (Pink Floyd)
Comes a Time (Neil Young)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Triana (Zak Claxton)
What I Got (Sublime)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
†Sour Girl (Stone Temple Pilots)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
The Man Who Sold The World (David Bowie)
Thank You (Led Zeppelin)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
†The Sands of Redondo (Zak Claxton)

† I hadn't played "Sour Girl" since December 2008, and my last live performance of "The Sands of Redondo" was in January 2009.

What would our Sunday evenings be without Triana's Music Trivia? Huge thanks to those who supported my show, and to all of our great friends at TMT!
Alchemy Epstein, Nakira Tennen, Pilze Braveheart, MrNoCal Honey, Diana Renoir, Mikehell Kronos, Rey Tardis, Jordan Hazlitt, Julianna Lionheart, Kat Claxton, and the lovely lady who makes it all possible, Triana Caldera!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry I missed this... my First Life avatar gets in the way at the most inconvenient times. :-(

Glad it went well, though!