Sunday, May 23, 2010

Podcast! Gibbous! Notes Shack! (05.23.10)

This is a bargain blog post, folks. You get three -- count them -- three topics in one. I've been so busy doing stuff -- a new Podcast, a new music video, and finally a show today -- that I haven't had enough time to write about them. We can remedy that, though. Let's do them in chronological order. It only seems fair.


1. NEW! Zak Claxton Podcast Spring 2010!

It had been five months since the last Podcast. I was slacking. But I think this one makes up for the delay, with news on my latest recording session, four complete tunes from the Zak Claxton album, and (drum roll please)... a complete interview with my friend, multi-instrumentalist and all-around great guy Bunny Knutson! Bunny dropped by on Wednesday evening, and I spontaneously turned his visit into an interview, much to his dismay. You can listen/download it right here...

ZC Podcast (Spring 2010)



2. NEW! Music video for "Waxing Gibbous"
YouTube Link


It's been my intention all along to eventually product videos for every song off the album. Of course, it's also been my intention to quit smoking and do sit-ups every morning, and haven't made much progress yet on those either. But yesterday (Sat May 22), I realized that the moon was in its waxing gibbous phase, and that started me thinking about doing a simple video for the only solo instrumental song on my album. So, Kat and I shot footage yesterday, I did some editing late last night, and bang-zoom! A video for you. Enjoy it.



3. Notes Shack (05.23.10)



It's really always a fun show at the Notes Shack. I tend to pull out tunes there that I don't do elsewhere, and today had a good-sized crowd of folks that really seemed to enjoy what they were hearing.

I did have a brief moment of insanity, inserting techno bleeps and bloops into the solo section of "You're Like a Cloud". I was going to try and write some excuse for this, but I don't think I should bother.

Today's set list at the Notes Shack...
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Love Hurts (Everly Brothers)
†Little Wing (Jimi Hendrix)
Time Never Waits for You (Zak Claxton)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
††Friend of the Devil (Grateful Dead)
For the Turnstiles (Neil Young)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
She's Always a Woman (Billy Joel)
I've Been Waiting for You (Neil Young)
Help Me (Joni Mitchell)
Shine (Zak Claxton)

†This was the first performance of "Little Wing" since April 30, 2009.
†† And the first "Friend of the Devil" since February 18, 2008!

Huge thanks to everyone who hung out at Notes Shack and supported my show!
Rock Doghouse, Triana Caldera, Alexis Fairlady, Hotrod Solo, Kat Claxton, Aurelie Chenaux, and Notes Shack owner Krakov Letov!

No comments: