Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Blarney Stone (06.17.10)


The last time I played at the Blarney Stone was November 2008, and it feels like a million years ago for some reason. I do enjoy the place, though, and always seem to have a good time when I play there. Today certainly was no exception.

Today was also the first time I pulled out the cheap new guitar for a song in an SL show, and it worked out just as I'd hoped. I'd pre-tuned it to one of my favorite Joni Mitchell tunings (D-A-E-G-C-E) which allowed me to whip out "Furry Sings the Blues", a rare one for me. In any case, we had a good crowd. The people at the Blarney Stone are always cool and (like most places that Ham Rambler is involved with) it's staffed by people who know what they're doing and are good at it. Always nice, in SL or any world.

My Blarney Stone set list...
Big Yellow Taxi (Joni Mitchell)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Shine (Zak Claxton)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)
Polly (Nirvana)
Time Never Waits for You (Zak Claxton)
Things Behind the Sun (Nick Drake)
†Furry Sings the Blues (Joni Mitchell)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
After the Gold Rush (Neil Young)
Better Man (Pearl Jam)

†Indicates first time I've used the New Cheap Guitar for an SL show.

Thanks to all who came out to the Blarney Stone today, especially my great hostess Riko Kamachi!

No comments: