Monday, June 28, 2010

Molaskey's Pub (06.28.10)

I tell you... there's something about Molaskey's Pub. Maybe it's the fact that the owners (Apple MacKay and Katydid Something) are such real music fans. Maybe it's the build... a gorgeous beachside setting with the stage on a platform on the water. I don't know what it is, but I always feel inspired to play really well there.

I take a breather after my show at Molaskey's while listening to Frets Nirvana.


And I'll also tell you: I've been on a roll lately. The last few shows, I don't think my singing or guitar/harmonica playing gets much better. I discussed this with Kat the other night: how I wish that I could define the circumstances around being able to do a good performance (as to be able to repeat them with them same results). But much like an athlete, a performing musician has good nights and bad nights, and there's not usually any one thing you can point to that makes it better or worse. Anyway, the last few shows have been great, so hopefully whatever I'm doing, I keep doing it.

Anyway, back to Molaskey's. Enjoyed the show very much as usual, and the hosts were as cool as I remembered. Good times! I also did a pretty laid-back set that I felt would be good for the vibe there. It was.

Today's set list...
I've Been Waiting for You (Neil Young)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Fire & Rain (James Taylor)
California (Joni Mitchell)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Time Never Waits for You (Zak Claxton)
Better Man (Pearl Jam)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
After the Goldrush (Neil Young)
Jane (Barenaked Ladies)

Big thanks to everyone who supported my show today at Molaskey's Pub!
Hiro Pendragon, Chestnut Rau, Aurelie Chenaux, Kat Claxton, fabio Greybeard, Alexis Fairlady, and the terrific hosts Mia Kitchensink, Katydid Something, and Apple MacKay!

No comments: