Saturday, June 12, 2010

ZCHFS #10 Report (06.12.10)



VIDEO LINK

As you can tell by watching the recording above, we had a fun Zak Claxton Happy Fun Show today. In fact, as it was our tenth episode, I tried to make it particularly enjoyable with some special moments. I also got to pull out my new cheap guitar for its public unveiling, and it performed admirably (especially considering its $50 price tag).

Our crowd was fun as usual, with folks like Triana, Diana, Stranger, and my darling Kat making me laugh throughout the performance. Perhaps the best laugh came as Kat performed the triangle solo on "Thanks Anyway"... she'd received this percussion instrument as a birthday gift form Triana, and it was too funny to have her jump in with a *ding* ust at the right moment. Speaking of that triangle, our audience today included the one and only Phil O'Keefe, who had played the triangle on the original recording. It was a wonderful moment in rock history.

Kat rocks the triangle (left) while I laugh my way through the next chorus.

The $50 Rogue RA-100D guitar did a terrific job. I had it tuned to the Jimmy Page-esque modal sound of D-G-C-D-C-D, and did "The Sands of Redondo" on it, then pulled it out again for a Neil Young cover later on.

My new shitty guitar is the shit!

The Zak Claxton Happy Fun Show is guaranteed to be fun, or your money back. Please note that the fun might be had by me rather than you, but hopefully we all get a laugh or two.

We wrapped up the day with a combination of my songs and covers (see video above or set list below), and my audience was at least as entertaining to me as I was to them (if not more so).

ZCHFS #10 Set List...
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
†The Sands of Redondo (Zak Claxton)
California (Joni Mitchell)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Tribute (Tenacious D)
†When You Dance I Can Really Love (Neil Young)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Woodstock (Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young)

†These are the first two songs on which I've used the New Shit Guitar in a public performance, just for the record.

Thanks to everyone who have made the ZCHFS happy and fun for ten episodes!

No comments: