Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Blarney Stone (07.15.10)



Photos by Triana Caldera. Thanks Tri!


There's something that I specifically like about the Blarney Stone that doesn't happen in many places in SL.

See, as a live musician in the virtual world, when you arrive at the venue, it's pretty commonplace for it to be empty. I'm not talking about metaphorically empty; I mean you are literally the only person there. Granted, you are soon joined by the venue's staff, and then an audience. But unlike real life, where people tend to arrive a little early since they have to travel to get there, people in SL know they can teleport to the show ten seconds before it starts.

But the Blarney Stone is a hangout, and it's refreshingly lovely to arrive at a club where there are already a bunch of people there to greet you. I'd like to think that the lack of apprehension regarding, "Will anyone come? Will I have an audience?" enables me to relax and put on a better show. And today's show, I'd like to think, was really pretty good!

Blarney Stone Set List...
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
California (Joni Mitchell)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Ashes to Ashes (David Bowle)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
One (U2)
After the Gold Rush (Neil Young)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Fire & Rain (James Taylor)
Behind Blue Eyes (The Who)

We had a bit of a rowdy crowd going on, which I personally enjoy and frankly, it wouldn't seem like a good Irish pub without a bar fight in the middle of my show. I enjoyed that; entertainment can go both ways, you know. On a different note, it was great seeing three of my favorite Zaksters -- Triana Caldera, Diana Renoir, and Cher Harrington -- in the crowd today. Everyone seemed to have a good time (and I know I did), so mission accomplished.

Big thanks to all who helped support my show today!
Phooka Heron, Diana Renoir, Triana Caldera, anurati Guardian, Cher Harrington, Casey Brouwer, and Supreme SecretSpy, and the rest of the crazy crowd at the Blarney Stone!

2 comments:

Cher Harrington said...

It was a great break in my rl day, lots of great Zak originals, lots of great conversation and lots of great sing-a-long songs! A truly fun, enjoyable, musical time with the amazing Zak energy! Thank you Zak!

- Cher

~Diana said...

As always, just a few notes and I'm in a happy place. It was so good to see a lot of people I haven't seen in awhile. SL has been insane for me lately and it was nice to take a break and enjoy the company of old friends!