Thursday, September 9, 2010

Report: Zak Live on StreamJam ep. VI (09.08.10)



VIDEO LINK

As I probably mentioned during my previous show on StreamJam, I'd been doing these live video music shows on Facebook for five straight weeks, and have enjoyed them all. However, I got to a point that I was concerned my audience was going to get burned out on them from my doing them so often. I do, after all, have other shows in places like Second Life, and there's only so much begging and pleading a guy can do to get people to come to shows.

So, I backed the StreamJam shows off to a bi-weekly schedule (similar to what I'd been doing with my Zak Claxton Happy Fun Show on Ustream earlier this year), and I think it was the right idea. Since a couple of weeks had gone by since my previous show on StreamJam, it felt fresh and fun again, both for me and my audience.

Check out Jess' Zak Claxton t-shirt. I love it!


Once again, the show consisted of all original songs that I'd written. Some people might not take these things very seriously, but we StreamJam artists were specifically told that we could only perform music to which we had the rights, and as a songwriter, it would be pretty hypocritical of me to do other people's tunes in such a public setting without paying for the right to do so. Besides, there's a cool challenge in arranging the order of songs to keep things fresh and fun for everyone. I think we did well in this regard last night.

StreamJam #6 Set List...
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Go Easy On Me (Zak Claxton)
Triana (Zak Claxton)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Shine (Zak Claxton)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)
Waxing Gibbous (Zak Claxton)

Giant thanks to my terrific friends/fans who attended this show!

No comments: