Friday, October 22, 2010

Report: Zak Live on StreamJam ep. IX (10.21.10)



It's my fault. Between crazy work schedules, recovering from my cold, and other aspects of my zany life, I really didn't do much to announce my ninth show on StreamJam until late in the day of the show. Also, instead of my regular Wednesday night shows, this one was moved to a Thursday due to a schedule conflict on my behalf, throwing my whole mojo off by 24 hours. The result was to be expected; I only had a few good friends in my audience. It's like when you plan to throw a party but forget to send invitations... don't cry when no one comes.

But despite that, we actually had a super fun time. With no one there but some friends who will excuse me from being a fool, I felt no qualms about taking my foolishness to the extreme. That included taking odd requests (including some covers, which I've never done before on StreamJam), and doing an entire song blindfolded with a flannel shirt wrapped around my head. It was, in a word, silly. But it was a fun way to spend an hour, and God knows I enjoy any excuse to play guitar and sing for an hour on a random weeknight.



SJ IX Set List...
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Time Never Waits for You (Zak Claxton)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Shine (Zak Claxton)
*Welcome to the Machine (Pink Floyd)
Waxing Gibbous (Zak Claxton)
Waiting for This (Zak Claxton)
Go Easy On Me (Zak Claxton)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton) -- performed blindfolded
*The Thin Ice/Another Brick in the Wall Pt 1 (Pink Floyd)

*Indicates the first time I've performed this song for a live audience

Thanks to my great pals who dropped by last night! See you at the next show!

No comments: