Thursday, October 7, 2010

Report: Zak Live on StreamJam ep. VIII (10.06.10)

Rocking hard on a Wednesday night. Photo by Kat.



It was my eighth StreamJam show last night, and once again, it was a good one. I still feel that backing off my schedule to holding two StreamJam shows per month (as opposed to once a week) has been a good thing. It makes each show a little more special, and allows me the ability to do other shows (in SL, in real life, etc.) and not feel like I'm getting burned out (or, worse, burning out my audience).

Last night's show, performance-wise, was pretty strong. Actually, I've been satisfied with all of my recent shows. We had a good crowd... at least good enough to merit more than one "room" in the StreamJam setting. Moreover, we had a fun group of people. In fact, I have direct evidence of this; Kat (in her co-producer role) saved the chat log from the show and I stumbled across this utterly hilarious moment...

Jess Smith: mad guitar riff alert mad guitar riff alert
Jeff Iverson: had this been an actual mad guitar riff alert you would have been notified which stream jam channel to tune


I mean, that's comedy gold there, folks. Anyway, the songs went well. As usual, obeying the StreamJam TOS (and just doing the right thing), I performed only my original tunes, and I think they came together nicely. I did the new instrumental again (still untitled for now), and I thought "The Sands of Redondo" and "Falling Down" both went very well at this show.

SJ VIII Set List...
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Untitled Instrumental (Zak Claxton)
Go Easy On Me (Zak Claxton)
Shine (Zak Claxton)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
The Sands of Redondo (Zak Claxton)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Time Never Waits for You (Zak Claxton)

Giganto thanks to everyone who came by the show! Next StreamJam experience will be on Thursday 10/21!

No comments: