Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Lamella (11.03.10)


Today was my first time performing at Lamella, a nice mall sim in Second Life. Pretty simple place, really; a small stage and dance floor set outside among your typical batch of clothing, animation, and other SL stores. Owner Ymer Alsop turned out to be a nice guy, and set up a giant backdrop of my happy face behind me as I performed.

The show was unusual in that they asked for (and I agreed) a 90-minute show, instead of my usual 1-hour event. That would have been fine, were it not a freakishly hot 90ยบ day here in the LA area in November. I was hot and sweaty before I'd strummed a note, and it didn't get better from there. Furthermore, the heat was wreaking havoc with my normally reliable guitar tuning. Yikes!

Despite that, it was a fun show with a nice-sized crowd. I decided to debut my new arrangement of the traditional blues gospel song "In My Time of Dying", and it went really well despite my having forgotten to put on the harmonica before I started. the whole set seemed well received.

Set List at Lamella
Big Yellow Taxi (Joni Mitchell)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
*In My Time of Dying (Traditional)
Go Easy On Me (Zak Claxton)
Better Man (Pearl Jam)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Space Oddity (David Bowie)
Heart of Gold (Neil Young)
Time Never Waits for You (Zak Claxton)
Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd)
Love Hurts (Everly Brothers)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
You've Got To Hide Your Love Away (Beatles)
Shine (Zak Claxton)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Fire & Rain (James Taylor)
California (Joni Mitchell)
Jane (Barenaked Ladies)

*Indicates first time I've performed this song in SL

Thanks to all the cool people who helped support my show!
Xerxes Ninetails, maddy Fierenza, Horizon Darkstone, Taunter Goodnight, henny Kuhn, Rena Lopez, Diana Renoir, Kat Claxton, Thera Taurog, Alexis Fairlady, Aurelie Chenaux, hostess Francesca Caeran, and Lamella owner Ymer Alsop!

No comments: