Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Crystal Gardens (08.16.11)


Ah, back at Crystal Gardens again. As I'd mentioned before, I spent my first year and a half in Second Life playing weekly at the former venue owned by Sandi Benelli, and rather recently I re-established that connection. The result is that I'm now playing at Sandi's new venue every other Tuesday. My first show there was fun, but we didn't gather much of a crowd. Last night's show, however, was fun and also pretty well attended for the 5PM slot.

My darling Kat had spent the previous five days away from me, visiting with family in her old hometown in the Seattle area, and she'd just returned a couple of hours before my show. Therefore, I made the show into a welcome home party for Kat, and did a number of songs specifically for her (including my first-ever performance of a Who song she enjoys).

My crowd and I enjoying a Tuesday evening sunset at Crystal Gardens. Photo by Kat.



Crstal Gardnes Set List...
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
*Athena (The Who)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
Thank U (Alanis Morissette)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
†Powderfinger (Neil Young)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Ashes to Ashes (David Bowie)
Pink Moon (Nick Drake)
Perfect Girl (Zak Claxton)
You've Got To Hide Your Love Away (Beatles)
Accidents Will Happen (Elvis Costello)

*Indicates my first ever performance of this song in SL.
†My last performance of "Powderfinger": October 6, 2008... coincidentally at the old Crystal Sands


Many thanks to everyone who came out for (and supported) the show!
Diana Renoir, Dino1234, Elke Shepherd, Blues Heron, Triana Caldera, Alexis Fairlady, Kat Claxton, Xerxes Ninetails, my manager Maali Beck, and Crystal Gardens owners Sandi Benelli and Mikal Beaumont!

No comments: