Monday, January 7, 2013

Christine Haiku's Rezday Party (01.02.13)

On New Year's Eve, my friend and manager Maali Beck pinged me on Facebook. She wanted to know if I was able to perform at Christine Haiku's surprise rezday party the following day. For most people, the answer would have been no; I generally don't take shows on short notice (not because I'm an asshole, but because I usually have other things planned on any given day/evening). But I would have gladly rearranged my schedule to perform for Christine. She has been a great supporter of my music in SL, and has gone to dozens of my shows. Above that, she's a genuinely nice person whose company I enjoy quite a lot.

So, come Wednesday night, I did my first live performance of 2013 for Ms. Haiku and her fourth rezday. It was a fun little affair organized by her friend Sesh Kamachi, and held at the venue Christine manages, the Islands of New England. On the downside, a) Christine had the flu, and b)it seemed that most people weren't hanging out in SL right after the new year. But we still managed to have fun and do some silly tunes for Ms. Haiku.

Christine Haiku's Rezday Party Set List...
Scooby-Doo Theme Song (David Mook/Ben Raleigh)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
I'll Be There for You - Theme from "Friends" (The Rembrandts)
Psycho Killer (Talking Heads)
Across the Universe (Beatles)
Love Is All Around - Theme from "Mary Tyler Moore" (Sonny Curtis)
California (Joni Mitchell)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
I Am A Child (Neil Young)
Strawberry Fields Forever (Beatles)
If You Could Only See (Tonic)
Man of Constant Sorrow (Traditional)
Tribute (Tenacious D)

Thanks to everyone who came to Christine's party and made it a fun night for all!

No comments: