Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Molaskey's Pub (05.23.13)


I'm a little tardy on this report. Usually I do these the day following a show, but this show was on Thursday night. Friday, being the day before a holiday weekend, I was deluged with work-related deadlines. And then, I spent literally every waking moment between Saturday morning and Monday night working on a great new song for my band They Stole My Crayon. I'm very happy about that, and have high hopes as the song coalesces.

Regardless of all the activity, I still don't want to neglect writing about my show on May 23 at Molaskey's Pub in Second Life. It was, for me, a typical mid-week show situation where I have to make a big personal adjustment -- business dweeb to virtual rock star -- in a very short time frame. But after all these years of doing that, I find it comes pretty easily at this point. One minute I'm hanging up on a long conference call, and the next I've got my Martin strapped on and am setting up my mics, warming up to perform live for a hopefully happy crowd.


Fun at Molaskey's. Photo and top photo by Kat.

Molaskey's is almost always a great place to do a gig in SL, and Thursday night went as smoothly as I could have expected. I enjoy these occasional shows where I'm in between my great friends Sassy Nitely and Lyndon Heart. Given that a huge musical influence of mine, Ray Manzarek of the Doors, passed away that week, I paid some well-deserved homage by performing a couple of Doors tunes.

Molaskey's Set List...
In My Time of Dying (Traditional)
Waterloo Sunset (The Kinks)
Valentine's Day (David Bowie)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Woodstock (Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young)
People Are Strange (The Doors)
Soul Kitchen (The Doors)
Like a Hurricane (Neil Young)
Accidents Will Happen (Elvis Costello)
Sour Girl (Stone Temple Pilots)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)
Help Me (Joni Mitchell)

Thanks to all who came out and rocked at Molaskey's, especially those who helped support the show!
Christine Haiku, Emanuelle Brooks, Diana Renoir, Sesh Kamachi, Shmoo Snook, TheaDee, Aurelie Chenaux, Richy Nervous, Kat Claxton, Cicadetta Stillwater, Thinkerer Melville, Sassy Nitely, and Molaskey's great GM Mia Kitchensink, and their terrific staff too!

No comments: