Sunday, December 15, 2013

Molaskey's Pub (12.12.13)


Sing along everyone: It's the most craziest time of the year!

What's that? I'm the only one who's insane in December? Nah, that can't be true. But I will say (as I probably do each December, but am too busy and too lazy to go back and check previous blogs) that between my busiest business season, shopping and prepping for the holiday, and doing all the little extra things (kid's band concerts, writing music, and so on), one of the few things I can count on for genuine fun is when I play my infrequent shows in SL. And for fun, there's really no better place than Molaskey's Pub. The people who run it are among my best pals in SL, so it always feels like a cool time hanging with friends there.

I always have a good time playing Molaskey's. Great venue, great people. Photo and top photo by Kat.

Thursday night at Mo's was a typically good show. We had a nice-sized crowd, my voice and guitar were surprisingly well-behaved, and despite the fact that I had to pull together my set list in extreme haste (having just returned from a business meeting previous to my show), the songs seemed to work as well.

Molaskey's Pub set list...
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Big Yellow Taxi (Joni Mitchell)
Jane (Barenaked Ladies)
Things Behind the Sun (Nick Drake)
Tea in the Sahara (The Police)
After the Goldrush (Neil Young)
In My Time of Dying (Traditional)
Swing Low Magellan (Dirty Projectors)
You're LIke a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Nobody Home (Pink Floyd)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Ziggy Stardust (David Bowie)
Thank You (Led Zeppelin)

Huge thanks to all who came out to Molaskey's, especially the following who supported the show!
coolmaria Carroll, Diana Renoir, Alexis Fairlady, Harry Wheeler, Cicadetta Stillwater, Precious Rallier, Kat Claxton, my manager Maali Beck, and Molaskey's great GM Mia Kitchensink!

No comments: