Sunday, December 15, 2013

Odyessey (12.13.13)


It's been a little while since I played at a new venue in Second Life. There are a few understandable reasons for that. First, there are certainly fewer people opening any kind of destination in SL, live music or otherwise. Second, of those places that do pop up, only a certain number of them like to feature live acts as myself, and not all of those prefer artists like me who lean toward original songs and occasionally obscure art rock covers, as I tend to do. Finally, as I've made clear before, for reasons of fairness I just don't perform at "tips only" venues, as many of them seem to be. I can't do that while charging other venues a fee to play, in my opinion.

So, back to the initial idea... it was a pleasure when my friend and fellow SL veteran Gretchen Capalini asked me to perform at her new place, Odyessey. It was a good time for it, too; the show was later on a Friday evening, with a spot right between Bill Tigerpaw and PT Beardmore. There was a pretty decent crowd going before I started my show, and with my Zaksters adding to the fun, it turned out to be a surprisingly good debut for me.

I should mention that this was my first time, for whatever reason, hearing PT Beardmore, and he is super talented. If you haven't heard him yet and are looking for good artists to check out in SL, he should be on your list.

Nice place, good crowd, happy me. Photo and top photo by Kat.

My view from the stage at Odyessey. Photo by Kat.

Not a bad way to spend a Friday evening at all. Photo by Kat.

Odyessey set list...
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
Behind Blue Eyes (The Who)
Zak Claxton & The Triangle of Power (Zak Claxton)
Northern Sky (Nick Drake)
All I Want (Joni Mitchell)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)
Space Oddity (David Bowie)
I Am the Walrus (Beatles)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Things Under Trees (They Stole My Crayon)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Tea for the Tillerman (Cat Stevens)

Big thanks to all who made it fun, especially the following who helped support my show!
Triana Caldera, Marina Sharpshire, Charm March, Kat Claxton, Alexis Fairlady, Diana Renoir, MajorlyCool, Xerxes Ninetails, my manager Maali Beck, and Odyessey owner and music lover Gretchen Capalini!

No comments: