Sunday, May 4, 2014

They Stole My Crayon Album Sampler #1



Yesterday (Saturday May 3) was an auspicious day in the historical annals of my band They Stole My Crayon. We originally got together in October 2012 with the goal of cranking out a "fast album" that I hoped at the time would be done about six weeks later. That... didn't happen. Life happened instead. But we enjoyed the process of writing and recording songs together on a sporadic basis, and now -- about a year and a half later -- we've made significant progress on what will end up being the album that I'd hoped would be done by December 2012.

So, for the first time, we've made some snippets of our songs "Longing On", "Some Things I Can't Say", and "Take The Ride" available for people to hear. Please feel free to let me know what you think, and to share our little song sampler above. We're proud of what we've done so far, though we still have a ways to go before the whole album is ready for prime time. There are more songs to write, to record, and a whole album to mix. Still, we're somewhat hopeful that by this coming fall (about two years after we started the band), the album will be released. The effort is 100% worthwhile, and we're all excited to show you the final product of our work later this year.

No comments: