Monday, August 18, 2014

LC Live! (08.09.14)


On Saturday August 9, I had my second show at the recently-reopened LC Live, a nice park-like venue owned by Tyro Hollwood. I had performed there last month at its grand re-opening. My life has been a non-stop whirl of work-related craziness lately, and it turned out to be a good thing that I had Second Life shows to do over the weekend, if for no other reason to a) prevent me from continuing to work every single day in order to b) preserve what's left of my sanity.

We had a reasonably nice crowd at the show, and with the relative sparsity of my performances lately, I've been using each opportunity to add some new tunes to my set list. I arrived as usual at about 20 minutes before the start of my show, giving me time to get ready to play, and some time to hear the artist who was performing before me, a nice Scottish woman named Caasi Ansar. This will be of interest perhaps when you read my next blog post.

Photos by Kat.

In any case, as usual, it was nice having a mid-day show on a weekend. I've mentioned this before, but it bears repeating: I don't mind my typical evening weekday shows at all, but the fact is that it's sometimes difficult to get my mind out of "responsible hard working business owner" mode and into its "virtual rock star" setting at the flip of a switch. Weekends seem much better in that regard.

LC Live! set list...
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Tea in the Sahara (The Police)
*Shame Chamber (Kurt Vile)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)
Swing Lo Magellan (Dirty Projectors)
Ashes to Ashes (David Bowie)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
*Pride In the Name of Love (U2)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Longing On (They Stole My Crayon)
Things Behind the Sun (Nick Drake)
Say Goodbye (Beck)
*Thanks LC Live! (Zak Claxton)

*Indicates the first time I've performed this song in SL.

Many thanks to all who attended my show at LC Live!, and special thanks to the following people who helped support it!
Owl Dragonash, Danick Firehawk, dls Falconer, Alexis Fairlady, Sallyann Tolsen, Kaylantra Kasshiki, Kat Claxton, Aurelie Chenaux, my manager Maali Beck, and LC Live's awesome owner Tyro Hollwood!

No comments: