Monday, November 3, 2014

The Islands of New England Halloween Bash (10.30.14)


When people think of compensation for a job, they usually think of tangible things... money, exchange of goods/services, that kind of stuff. But I'm here to tell you that while those things are important (duh), there's another thing that is worth its weight in gold, and it's called "fun". Perhaps you've heard of it. If you think about it, getting paid directly in fun kind of eliminates a whole series of things. Let's say you get paid in money, and then go spend the money to have some fun. Well, if the fun is part of the paycheck, you're already there. Think about it.

Anyway, I'm here to tell you about a ridiculously fun show I did Thursday night at The Islands of New England in Second Life. I can say with a pretty high degree of confidence that it was not only fun for me, but for every person who hung out that evening. First, at New England, I tend to do shows where a good portion of the crowd are my close friends in SL. Second, the place looked awesome all decked out for the holiday, and seeing the good-sized crowd in costumes was cool. But perhaps the biggest fun factor was that I was wedged in between Sassy Nitely and Bat Masters, two people whom I genuinely enjoy being around, and who are great musicians to boot. Basically, all signs indicated this was going to be a great show, and indeed, it was. Not because of me; I did fine (and did my usual thing of putting together an event-appropriate set list), but really, the show was the combination of the venue, the crowd, and the musicians who were playing (all three of of). And yeah, it was simply tons of fun.

Photos by Kat.







IONE Halloween Bash set list...
Six Underground (Sneaker Pimps)
People Are Strange (The Doors)
Polly (Nirvana)
Ashes to Ashes (David Bowie)
Broken Day (Zak Claxton)
The Ghost In You (Psychedelic Furs)
Spooky (Classics IV)
Things Under Trees (They Stole My Crayon)
The Sleeper in the Valley (Laura Veirs)
*The Chauffeur (Duran Duran)
Psycho Killer (Talking Heads)
Afternoon Delight (Starland Vocal Band)

*Indicates the first time I've performed this song in SL.

Thanks to all the great friends and fans who make my live shows awesome, including the following who helped support this show!
Afonos Resident, BellaRosa07 Resident, Diana Renoir, Tom Prospero, RoxxyyRoller Resident, Sesh Kamachi, Thorgrim Resident, paula31atnight Resident, Rick Tizona, Garvie Garzo, Topsy Janus, Kat Claxton, Cilene Inglewood, bobby Tafler, my friends Sassy and Bat, my manager Maali Beck, and the queen of New England, Christine Haiku!

No comments: