Sunday, March 8, 2015

The Only Venue (03.07.15)

I liked seeing my name on the marquee at The Only Venue.

I have to admit: I did not have high hopes for my debut Saturday night at a new live music spot in Second Life called The Only Venue. My reasons were easy to understand. First, I'd already performed that day at the amazing "The Road Forward" benefit show for my friend Thea Dee. Second, that benefit was still going on at the 7PM hour when I had my second show of the day. Third, many of my regular Zakster fans were unavailable to attend; my darling Kat is in Tokyo on business, my bestie Triana is vacationing somewhere in the desert, and Thea herself was, of course, still busy being the focus of her fundraising event. Finally, as a brand new venue, I knew that The OV was still building its own base of attendees.

Well, as usual, I needn't have been concerned. It turned out to be a really solid show. No, it wasn't packed with a huge crowd, but we actually ended up with about 20 people there, and I can't complain at all. More importantly (to me, anyway), the folks who were there seemed to really enjoy the show I did, and in addition to a decent number of Zakster fans, I got to do my show for a bunch of folks who'd never heard me before, something I always love. No specific musical theme at this one; I did a combination of covers and originals that were representational of my performances, sticking with some of my more familiar tunes that seemed appropriate for this place. The venue itself is fine, and works well for any kind of live music or DJ event. I'm sure they'll be successful with it, and am looking forward to rocking there again sometime.

Photos below courtesy of Aurelie "Aurie Lemonade" Cheneaux.


The Only Venue set list...
Man of Constant Sorrow (Traditional)
Cat's In The Cradle (Harry Chapin)
Fire & Rain (James Taylor)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Pancho & Lefty (Townes Van Zandt)
Sex & Candy (Marcy Playground)
Ziggy Stardust (David Bowie)
Big Empty (Stone Temple Pilots)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Heart of Gold (Neil Young)
Beyond the Blue (Martina McBride)
You're Like a CLoud (Zak Claxton)
Nearly Lost You (Screaming Trees)

Big thanks to all who supported my show!
RoxxyyRoller Resident, Alyssa Krutschek, Diana Renoir, Keesha Lenroy, Alexis Fairlady, Aurelie Chenaux, Richy Nervous, my manager Maali Beck, and Molly Masingh and the other owners and staff of The Only Venue!

No comments: