Saturday, December 12, 2009

Album release party at The Bean Counter (12.11.09)



Video Clips from the Release Party

Since a picture's worth a thousand words (and I don't feel like writing a thousand words at the moment) I decided to tell you about the release party documentary-style. Check out the video above for some song snippets, and below for some Kodak moments.


Jess and Christina (aka Triana and Kat) get set up at the merch table before the show starts.


Pretty Kat smiling as I start the show.


I hadn't planned to do more than three or four tunes the entire night, and instead have folks listen to the album some more. I ended up doing nine songs and only ran the album during my set break. Sometimes its best to play these things by ear, so to speak.


This was the first time I did a hybrid show that hit both a real life audience and an SL crowd at the same time. I found that I wanted to be able to pay more attention to my digital fans who hung around during the show, but the real people had to take precedence. NO matter, it was fun for everyone.


Thanking Bunny for his efforts...


... and Ken too.


The crowd was cool and seemed to appreciate the tunes, which is always nice.


Rocking the Bean Counter crowd


Signing CDs while my son actually seems almost impressed.

I want to briefly thank some folks who really came through for me at the show. First and foremost, my darling Kat for helping prep and execute this event with style. Also to Triana Caldera, who flew to LA from Minnesota just to be here for the event. Also to Diana Renoir, who handled things in SL while we were otherwise preoccupied with meatspace. Let's not forget perhaps the most important element of all, which were the friends and fans and music lovers who came out for the show. It really couldn't have been much better.

Release Party Set List
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)
Lines on your Eyes (Zak Claxton)
Waxing Gibbous (Zak Claxton)
Waiting for This (Zak Claxton)

3 comments:

Gracie Kendal said...

OMG I can't believe I missed this!!! I had to work.. but could have planned ahead of time... damn!! It sounds like you had a great time... LOVE hybrid shows :))

~Diana said...

It was absolutely amazing!! Wish we could have joined you in LA. =( But was happy to be there regardless.
♥♥♥♥

Zak Claxton said...

It went better than I could have possibly hoped. This coming Friday, we're doing another party, but this time it's 100% in SL, and I get to play DJ for my own album. :)