Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day at the Notes Shack (02.14.10)



When Krakov Letov messaged me a couple of weeks ago to find out if I could play at the Notes Shack on February 14, I'm pretty sure he wasn't remotely aware that it was going to be Valentine's Day. But I certainly was -- no man who's involved in a serious relationship and wants to remain in one should forget this important holiday. So, it was a great reason to whip out some songs that I don't play very often, as well as to break a couple of covers I'd never played before today.

Speaking of covers... holy hell! Look at the list below, and then ask me if I lost my mind for playing only two original Zak Claxton songs out of 13 tunes in the set. Well, like I said above, I was trying to work with a love theme of sorts, and not many of my tunes are obviously love oriented. And second, both my audience and myself can use a break now and then, and get a little variety into our Zak experience. I think it was fun.

V-Day Setlist at the Notes Shack
*Waterloo Sunset (The Kinks)
Help Me (Joni MItchell)
Thank You (Led Zeppelin)
†The Worst (Rolling Stones)
She's Always a Woman (Billy Joel)
*I've Been Waiting for You (Neil Young)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Our House (CSNY)
Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Queen)
Love Hurts (Everly Brothers)
Just Like Starting Over (John Lennon)
Jane (Barenaked Ladies)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)

*Indicates first time I've performed this song in SL.
†As far as I can tell, I hadn't played "The Worst" since November 2008, nor "Our House" since October 2008.


Thanks to all the lovers, musical and otherwise, who were out in force at today's show!
Jeaninne Mathilde, Triana Caldera, Obeloinkment Wrigglesworth, Moondoggirl Moomintoog, Vanity Sugarplum, Kat Claxton, Crap Mariner, Aurelie Chenaux, and Mr. Notes Shack himself, Krakov Letov!

No comments: