Sunday, June 27, 2010

Triana's Music Trivia (06.27.10)

Today was the five-year anniversary of Triana's Music Trivia, which is the longest-running trivia game in Second Life. For those of you who haven't known me long or very well, I'll tell you a quick story: Triana is one of Kat and my closest friends in SL. Since we met her in 2006, Kat and I have spent nearly every Sunday evening at her trivia game, being there more for the fun and friendship than anything. Triana has also hung out with Kat and I in the real world as well; twice, she's flown out to our home in the Los Angeles area from the Midwest to spend time with us in person. She's a great person and I've been all too happy to perform at several special events at her trivia night over the years.

First, let's see some pics. This post is worthless without pics.

Rocking next to the giant "5" on Triana's roof.


Triana and friends dance while I softly rock them with soft rock.


One of NoCal's many avvies sits on a corner of my stage.


The traditional mob at the end of a Sunday night. Here's Kat, Alchemy, me, Triana, and Nakira on the Big 5.


With it being the five-year celebration, I tried to put together a really unique set list, with at least one song I'd never played before and a few rarities from deep in the bag of tunes. The show felt good and I had a good time, so I'm happy to offer the whole thing for your listening pleasure.... listen to the entire show now! (57.3MB)

Triana's Music Trivia 5-year Anniversary Set List...
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
†While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Beatles)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
Triana (Zak Claxton)
The Weight (The Band)
Mary Jane's Last Dance (Tom Petty)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
*The Rainbow Connection (Kermit the Frog)
Shine (Zak Claxton)
†Edith and the Kingpin (Joni Mitchell)
Lines on Your Eyes (Zak Claxton)
Landslide (Fleetwood Mac)

*First time I've ever performed this song, in SL or anywhere
†Last performance of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps": September 20, 2008
†Last performance of "Edith and the Kingpin": May 2, 2009

Giant thanks to all of our great friends at TMT, including the following ones who supported my show!
Charriol Ansar, Alchemy Epstein, Nakira Tennen, FreakAngel Constantine, Rey Tardis, Samantha Poindexter, MrNoCal Honey, Kat Claxton, Diana Renoir, Jordan Hazlitt, Xerxes Ninetails, and the gal who makes it all happen week after week, Triana Caldera!

No comments: