Friday, June 17, 2011

The Majestic (06.16.11)



Two years. That's how long it had been since the last time I performed live music at The Majestic in SL's famed San Diego City sim. Since then, it's gone through a change of ownership, becoming part of Ayesha Lytton's conglomerate of Solace Beach Estates. More than just a virtual real estate mogul, as she's been described elsewhere, Ayesha is a real music lover, and keeps a steady flow of many of SL's finest musicians playing at her various properties.

Ayesha's manager at The Majestic is Kalli Birman, and a couple of weeks ago, she let my manager Maali Beck know that they were interested in having me perform a regular slot there, every other Thursday night at 6PM. I gladly accepted; I enjoy having a regular place where my fans can plan on seeing me, and it's been over a year since I took on a regularly scheduled show in SL. I'm quite happy about that, and my show there last night was great, though I have to point out that for whatever reason, Thursday night at 6PM seems deluged with music events in SL. Like, there were at least 50 of them happening at the same time. Since this was my first event there in this new run, we did not have what I'd call a large crowd. Or a medium crowd. However, we still managed to a) play some good tunes and b) have a good time with the folks who did attend. I am positive that as time goes by, we'll build a larger group of people who will come see me at this terrific live music venue.

A big crowd? No. A fun crowd? Yes. Start marking your calendars for Zak at The Majestic every other Thursday evening! Photo by Kat.



The Majestic Set List
Accidents Will Happen (Elvis Costello)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Ashes to Ashes (David Bowie)
Shine (Zak Claxton)
Things Behind the Sun (Nick Drake)
Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd)
What I Got (Sublime)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
Day After Day (Badfinger)
The Needle and the Damage Done (Neil Young)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Amelia (Joni Mitchell)
The Other Way (Zak Claxton)

Big thanks to the folks who supported my show!
Christine Haiku, Alexis Fairlady, Kat Claxton, TheaDee, Chuckie Breda, my manager Maali Beck, and Majestic honchos Kalli Birman and Ayesha Lytton!

1 comment:

Thea said...

I am really glad you have a regular time slot to play so that I can get all the wannabe Zaksters I know to come and see you. Sorry I had to be gone for a while, and thanks for playing my favorite Zak Original.. Well favorite so far... some of the new ones are pretty tasty too... :D