Friday, October 14, 2011

Key West (10.13.11)



For various reasons, it had been 2-1/2 weeks since my last show in Second Life, which (for me, anyway) is a really long hiatus. Long story short: I caught a cold, courtesy of my son, so singing was out for awhile. Then, I had two consecutive shows go south on me -- one due to a migraine, the other due to a cancellation by a venue owner. So, needless to say, I was raring to go by the time Thursday evening rolled around and it was time for my show at Key West.



I've played at Key West maybe 5-6 times, and invariably it's a great place to play. Liz Harley, who owns and runs the place, always is helpful in bringing in a great crowd, and the folks who come there seem to be very appreciative of well-performed music. Last night's show was as good as any of them I've played there, and I always find myself looking forward to the next time Key West pops up on my schedule (due to the excellent work of my manager Maali Beck).



Due to the recent climate of turmoil and unrest via the Occupy movement, I found myself inspired to put a few more protest-oriented songs into my repertoire, so I did. Overall, I think the list of tunes I did ended up very good.

Key West Set List...
*For What It's Worth (Buffalo Springfield)
Ziggy Stardust (David Bowie)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
*What's Going On (Marvin Gaye)
Things Behind the Sun (Nick Drake)
Under the Bridge (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Ohio (Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young)
Loser (Beck)
A Day In the Life (Beatles)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere (Neil Young)

*Indicates the first time I've performed this song in Second Life.

Huge thanks to all who came out and supported my show!
Harper Messmer, Caden Lighthouse, GMetal Svartur, Rill Andel, Jordan Hazlitt, Leondra Larsson, Emily Oliphaunt, Diana Renoir, Jukebox Diesel, Alexis Fairlady, Syd Baddingham, Kat Claxton, TheaDee, Diana Renoir, Maali Beck for her always-terrific management, and Key West owner Liz Harley!

No comments: