Friday, June 7, 2013

Islands of New England (06.05.13)


I performed Wednesday night at the Islands of New England in Second Life. I usually post a blog about each show on the following day if I can, but I have two rather reasonable excuses for my tardiness: first, I had a ridiculously long work day on Thursday, and second, it was my birthday. But wait! It was also my darling Kat's birthday. Yes, we share a birthday. Yes, it's awesome.

So, due to the aforementioned workday from hell (and the fact that our birthdays fell on a mundane Thursday this year), we didn't do much celebrating. We're going to instead go out for a nice dinner tomorrow night. Meanwhile, since I have roughly three seconds to spare, we'll make this a quick post about my show at the IONE.


Getting down with my bad self at the Islands of New England. Photo and top photo by Kat.

As I've mentioned many times, the venue is run by my great friend Christine Haiku, and every time I perform there, the crowd mostly consists of the many crazy and wonderful people I call friends in the virtual world. I got onstage after my buddy Taunter Goodnight, whose shows always put me in a good mood. However, it wasn't a list of happy songs I'd prepared for the night. Instead, my musical theme was "weird", so my tunes leaned toward the odd side of my repertoire, and included a song I'd nevr played before as well as some that are pretty rare for me.

Islands of New England Set List...
Psycho Killer (Talking Heads)
Six Underground (Sneaker Pimps)
Time Never Waits for You (Zak Claxton)
*Black Hole Sun (Soundgarden)
Heat (David Bowie)
Starman (David Bowie)
People Are Strange (The Doors)
Sour Girl (Stone Temple Pilots)
Waiting for This (Zak Claxton)
The Loner (Neil Young)
Loser (Beck)

*Indicates the first time I've performed this song in SL.

Big thanks to everyone who attended my show at IONE, especially the following who helped support the show!

Diana Renoir, Triana Caldera, Stacy Mosely, TheaDee, Monkey Martian, Sassy Nitely, Sesh Kamachi, Rod Hyx, Kat Claxton, Tommy Cult, Taunter Goodnight, my manager Maali Beck, and the hostess with the mostess, Christine Haiku!

No comments: