Sunday, June 22, 2014

LC Live! (06.21.14)


It's nice to see some things that are supposedly gone forever suddenly reappear. In Second Life, that's always a possibility. Case in point: Tyro Hollwood's Lost Coconut sim and LC Live! venue shut down in 2010, and for the last four years has been in the digital dust that makes up the plethora of come-and-gone locations in SL. But a couple of months ago, my manager Maali Beck put a booking on my calendar, and sure enough, Tyro was re-launching LC Live! with a grand re-opening day of music. If I must say so, he picked some good performers for the event, which in addition to myself included people like TerryLynn Melody, Max Kleene, AMForte Clarity, Saintess Larnia, Jase Branner, and others.

My show was at 3PM -- a tough time to draw a big SL crowd on a summery Saturday -- and while we didn't get the sim-busting crowd I'd have liked, I still felt the show was cool and fun for everyone who was there (including me). The venue was just as I remembered it... a nice, wide-open field-like parcel with a stage at one end. Tyro was a great host and it felt good to be able to rock at a place that I assumed would never be seen again.

Onstage at LC Live!, doing what I do. Photo and top photo by Kat.

People seemed to be having fun. I ask no more than that. Photo by Kat.

I'll say one thing: you won't feel claustrophobic at LC Live!, in its big open space. Photo by Kat.

LC Live! set list...
Doin' Time (Sublime)
I've Been Waiting for You (Neil Young)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Never Run Away (Kurt Vile)
Frigid Spring (Chairlift)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
On A Plain (Nirvana)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Summer Breeze (Seals & Crofts)
Things Under Trees (They Stole My Crayon)
Ziggy Stardust (David Bowie)
Broken Day (Zak Claxton)
Tea for the Tillerman (Cat Stevens)

Many thanks to all who helped support my show, and congrats to Tyro on re-opening LC Live!
hazelsnowflake Resident, DupliCat Resident, Corkie Houston, Mikalis Karas, Harry Wheeler, Kat Claxton, Aurelie Chenaux, Saintess Larnia, my manager Maali Beck, and LC Live! owner Tyro Hollwood!

No comments: