Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The Islands of New England (07.16.14)


Hey, I'm back! What's that? You didn't know I was away? Thanks a lot.

Okay, I haven't actually been gone, at least not in a physical sense. I don't specify very much about what I do for a living... and I hope none of you were under the impression that I pay my rent as a musician and songwriter. I can barely afford a cheeseburger per week much less sustain a life based on income from my own music alone. No, I do work for a living, and what happened was that suddenly, I got busy a work. Really busy. Like, doubling the level of busy that I had previously considered busy. That's left me with almost no extra time to do things like write blogs about my shows, and barely enough time to even play the shows in the first place.

So, enough on that. I have four, count them, four entire shows to tell you about, and I need to do them quickly. First, let's chat about the Islands of New England. That is the venue that is managed by my lovely friend Christine Haiku, who is as sweet and wonderful a person as you can imagine. She's certainly much nicer than me, which, now that I see it there on the screen, isn't saying much. Still, it's always a pleasure playing at the IONE, and lately I seem to be drawing a pretty good crowd there. This show was particularly fun, as I had my pal who is variously known as Corey, Joel, or just as his band's name Dragonfly, performing after me, and he was followed by Sassy Nitely. Hilarious hijinx did ensure.

Photos above and below by Kat.



Islands of New England set list...
Pigs on the Wing - Parts 1 & 2 (Pink Floyd)
How Soon Is Now? (The Smiths)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Swing Lo Magellan (Dirty Projectors)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Doin' Time (Sublime)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Never Run Away (Kurt Vile)
*The Emptiness (They Stole My Crayon)
Say Goodbye (Beck)
Things Behind the Sun (Nick Drake)
Carey (Joni Mitchell)
Tribute (Tenacious D)

*Indicates the first time I've performed this song in SL.

Big thanks to all who came out to New England for my show, especially those who helped support it)!
Triana Caldera, Bigfoot Hendrassen, TheaDee Resident, Richy Nervous, Effie Emmons, Melodiesunshine Resident, Kat Claxton, Aurelie Chenaux, Joel Eilde, my lovely manager Maali Beck, and the wonderful Christine Haiku!

No comments: