Saturday, October 31, 2009

Extreme Reality Halloween Party (10.30.09)


I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the biggest resource of Second Life is the people. There's something about SL that seems to be a magnet for the kind of people I enjoy being around. The creative. The weird. The fun-loving. Well, we had all that and more at the 2009 Extreme Reality Halloween party. And even with all the great costumes, decorations and activities there, the main event was the collection of fun and cool people.



Hell, you didn't even have to look past the stage to find the coolness. Two of SL's absolute most talented and fun DJ/remix artists, Slim Warrior and Doubledown Tandino, had the crowd rocking at their respective time slots at 6pm and 7pm. Then at 8pm, I took over the stage to mix things up a bit with my live acoustic set. I decided to actually dress up for the event this year, which is why you see me in my Count Zakula outfit (along with Kat in her excellent Maleficent costume).



The shows were all great. Slim did a very tasty set of mostly her own originals, and Doubledown did his extraordinarily funky mixes on the fly. I would have enjoyed hanging out and dancing all night to their stuff had I not a set to do of my own.

My Halloween set list...
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Mary Jane's Last Dance (Tom Petty)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
Time Never Waits for You (Zak Claxton)
Ashes to Ashes (David Bowie)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Tribute (Tenacious D)
Wonderwall (Oasis)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)

Huge Halloween thanks to the friends who rocked with me at Extreme Reality!
AgileBill Firehawk, Triana Caldera, Diana Renoir, Kat Claxton, Slim Warrior, Harrie Skjellerup, Kaklick Martin, jsmn Yao, Jordan Hazlitt, hexx Triskaidekaphobia, Doubledown Tandino, Mystical Demina, and Bevan Whitfield!

No comments: