Sunday, March 14, 2010

Notes Shack (03.14.10)



LISTEN TO THE ENTIRE SHOW NOW! (Note: includes some profanity and adult themes, but mostly just singing and stuff.)

Ah, the Notes Shack. I play there about once a month, and in terms of being the most kick-back, enjoyably relaxed places to see (and perform) live music in SL, it's probably on the top of my list. Today was very fun, though in completely typical Notes Shack fashion, there were some issues. Untolerable Bohemian was supposed to be performing before me, but apparently spilled tea in his computer right before the show (ouch!), so I arrived to a mostly empty club.

No big thing. We had a good number of Zaksters there to make it fun, and a few folks who I'd never met before to make it feel worthwhile in terms of exposing new people to my original music. And, as I said, all was fun. I did a couple of tunes I'd never done before, and at least one other than I hadn't done in a long time. The mood was mellow yet happy, and I think the tunes reflected that.

Notes Shack set list from today's show...
*Polly (Nirvana)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
The Needle and the Damage Done (Neil Young)
Summer Breeze (Seals & Crofts)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
*What Are You Like? (Indigo Girls)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Ashes to Ashes (David Bowie)
†After the Goldrush (Neil Young)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Things Behind The Sun (Nick Drake)
The Sands of Redondo (Zak Claxton)

*Indicates the first time I've performed these songs in SL.
†First performance of this song since Friday, April 25, 2008.

Big thanks to the folks who helped support my show today!
Mexxs Roux, Diana Renoir, Triana Caldera, Aurelie Chenaux, Kat Claxton, and Krakov Letov!

No comments: